February 5, 2024 - Six Comal ISD athletes have been selected to play in the inaugural San Antonio Sports All-Star Basketball game which takes place Sunday, March 24, at Northside Sports Gym.
Game times are noon for 1A-4A girls, 2:30 p.m. for 1A-4A boys, 6 p.m. for 5A/6A girls, 8:15 p.m. 5A/6A boys. Tickets may be purchased here.
Team gold coaches include Bruce Bowen from TMI, Christina Camacho from Judson High School, Dakota Cowgill from Brennen High School and Amy Ruede from Boerne High School.
The All-Star game includes eligible players who were nominated by their coaches from 45 San Antonio area public school districts as well as private schools. Criteria included athletes be seniors who have displayed excellent performance not just on the court but also among peers and the student body with high character and integrity.
The Comal ISD San Antonio All-Star Basketball athletes are listed here.
- Mario Aguilar, Canyon Lake High School, forward, 4A Gold, boys
- Carson Bloess, Davenport High School, guard, 4A Gold, boys
- Sofia George, Canyon Lake High School, guard, 4A Gold, girls
- Jake Goode, Smithson Valley High School, 5A Gold, boys
- Kennedie Manning, Canyon High School, post, 5A Gold, girls
- Kameron Scriber, Canyon High School, 5A Gold, boys
-Six Comal ISD athletes were selected to play in the first San Antonio Sports All-Star Basketball game. Pictured top row from left is Kameron Scriber, Kennedie Manning and Sofia George; bottom row from left is Mario Aguilar, Carson Bloess and Jake Goode. Photos courtesy of David Campos and Sam Roberts Photography.